Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 2007 club car - the replacement obc I have is about

Customer Question

I have a 2007 club car - the replacement obc I have is about 1 year old. I do not use the golf cart very often - 3 or 4 times a year. when I checked the charger the other day it was warm to touch. I switched it off - withdrew the charging plug - turned the charger back on - reconnected the charging plug - heard a click sound in the charger but no movement in the charger dial (just a buzzing sound) - repeated this a few more times - same result. thought about an OBC reset - doesn't seem to work for me. Any thoughts. By the way I keep the charger connected to the car when not using it - per club car instructions. Seems to work on my other 2007 club car (I have 2 club cars)
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Charger works on the other cart? The your OBC is keeping the charger from working. Check the battery voltage at the carts charger plug, and if it has close to battery pack voltage, the charger should work, that only leaves the OBC! There are ways to bypass the OBC and put a timer on the charger, so the OBC does not function.

Did you see my response?