Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a troybilt 27 ton splitter purchased in 2013. It was

Customer Question

I have a troybilt 27 ton splitter purchased in 2013. It was borrowed and they didn't see the hydraulic fluid was low and now I have issues. The handle on the control valve will work extending the ram but the handle will not move into the reverse position. I pulled the pin out of the handle and rotated the shaft a 1/2 turn with no change. I then loosed one screw on the round (what looks like a solenoid) on the back and when the fluid came out, the handle went in the reverse position. Problem is after 1 or 2 cycles, it again will not reverse until I bleed by loosening the screw.. Can you assist? Is the large hex nut on top of the control valve a bleed screw?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 4 months ago.

have you bleed the hydraulic system it sounds like you have air in the system