Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a DR powered strimmer with a Briggs 825 engine. Not

Customer Question

Hi, I have a DR powered strimmer with a Briggs 825 engine. Not been used for 3 months. Primed it, it starts then stops. I have just cleaned the carb on a Briggs 625, straightforward. I want to do the same with the 825 but it has a primer, do I do the same i.e. remove the air filter stuff and access the bowl and jets to clean? Thanks, ***** *****
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: No shut off valve, and new fuel in the empty fuel tank.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, since I cleaned the float chamber and the jets on my 625, I feel confident - just worried about the primer. is it an add-on to a normal carb or an integral part of it?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

The primer will not cause any problems, it will not interfere with the cleaning of the carburetor. If like most Briggs, it will be part of the air cleaner housing.

See link.above

Did you see my response and link?