Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Cub cadet r5zt50vt. started to mow. as I started to turn

Customer Question

cub cadet r5zt50vt. started to mow. as I started to turn right a slight thunk was heard and then no forward or reverse, nothing. I found the trans belt was off. Took the deck belt off was trying to get the tans belt off(as per manual instructions) the belt cannot come off because the braket on the back frame next to the engine spindle is in the notch on the pulley are not allowing the belt to come off and the wheels are locked. I had engGED THE BYPASS LEVER TO PUCH THE MOWER INTO THE GARAGE AND IT WOULD NOT MOVE. hELP
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yES IT WAS RUNNING I was procedding out to the are where i was going to start mowing.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i have removed the deck belt and cannot get the trans belt off. I was going to replace both of them, however, cannot get trans belt off for the reason I told you and it is out in the weather so I was going to push it in the garage. wheels are locked
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Need the long model number! The bracket can't be loosened to allow belt to come out?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Where do I find the long model number?

Owners manual or on the tag on the frame. Your model number you posted is not correct.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Where would the tag be on the mower?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Under the seat I found this: 17W12ACP010
RZT 50
Is this it or is this for the seat?

That is the model number.

Looking at the diagram link above, where can't you get the belt out of? The front # ***** ??

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Off of the engine pulley I guess it would be #36. On the bottom of the engine pulley is a plate that has a notch in it and it is engaged with a leg on a bracket welded to the back of the frame.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This does not allow me to slip the belt off

If the bracket can't be moved, the drive pulley would have to be removed from the engine. See diagram. Sounds like it is the anti rotation bracket for the pto pulley.

Did you get ti worked out?