JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

I have a lawn mower that won't stay running. I pulled the

Customer Question

I have a lawn mower that won't stay running. I pulled the start cord & it starts but dies out in a few seconds. What could this be
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 7 months ago.

Carb jet is clogged up. What engine do you have on machine? I may have a quick easy fix for you. If it is a Briggs engine. Pull the BOWL nut off carb and clean out all holes. These are the main jets for this carb. Use air if you can and make sure you can see through side holes. Re-install and try to run it.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's a Troy Bilt. Photo attached
Expert:  JON replied 7 months ago.

yes that is the easy fix. pull the nut off the bottom of the bowl and clean it out. the nut has holes in it that are the main jet to make this engine run properly. reinstall and it usually fixes issue. If not, entire carb will need cleaning

Expert:  JON replied 7 months ago.

Let me know if it works and if you need any more info or help. Please remember to RATE me also, as I strive to do my best and help

Expert:  JON replied 7 months ago.

Were you able to problem fixed? Let me know if you need any more info or help. Please remember to rate me as I strive to do my best