JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have a Craftsman lawnmower model 917.370670. I ordered

Customer Question

I have a Craftsman lawnmower model###-##-#### ***** ordered replacement front wheels from Sears parts direct. The new wheels have a metal "threading" in the center "hole". When I removed the old wheels, this "threading" is on the shaft that holds the wheel. How is this "threading" removed?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 7 months ago.

HI, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Give me a moment to take a look at the diagram for your machine and I will be right back with you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok

The wheel has a bushing in the center of it. It sounds like the bushing from the old wheel is stuck on the axle or shaft. You will need to remove the bushing from the axle or shaft in order to fit the new wheel back on properly. Sometimes you can do this with a set of channel lock pliers and twist or turn the old bushing as you pull on it to remove it. You can also grip the old bushing with a set of vise grips just be careful to not clamp onto the old bushing too tight because you can actually crimp it and make it almost impossible to remove. You may try even just a little bit of heat from a hair dryer or a heat gun even to help free it.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you. I will work on this.

Let me know if you need additional assistance with this.

Thank you.