JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

2004 general 36 plus II, engine will run no problem if the

Customer Question

2004 general 36 plus II, engine will run no problem if the switch is turned off and it is not producing electricity. If switch is turned off, it immediately coughs and stops, I can restart it, but if load is placed on it, it stops. the linkage moves
what can the problem be
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
if engine is turned on, it immediately coughs and stops
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I meant to say, if switch is turned on, it immediately coughs and stops after a few seconds. I really hope this is not a dead end, and I will have just spent the $18 without any response.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Still no answer, will this just end up with my rating this business online, this is crazy
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

I do not know much about the electrical parts of Generators, but maybe this will help you in your issue. It is the Parts and Service Manual for this machine. Hopefully, you can get some use and info from it to repair or at least diagnose your problem.