Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Cub cadet zero turn mower with a 54 inch fab deck

Customer Question

I have a Cub cadet zero turn mower with a 54 inch fab deck and a kohler 24 hp 7000 series engine. I bought this new at Tractor supply two years ago. I have 208 hours on the mower. This year when I mow and turn on the blades the engine bogs down and runs erratic. I have had the carb cleaned out, cleaned gas tank, new plugs, gas filter, oil filter and oil all done. Checked all spindles with belts off and idle pulley all turn free. Sometimes it will cut just fine but after a few minutes then the engine bogs down. I can put the choke on while it does this and blades engaged until it almost chokes out then put it back to full throttle and it levels out and runs fine just for a minute or so and starts doing it again. With blades off it runs fine. What can be the problem. Could my electric pto have a bad bearing or is my governor messed up.....what else is left????
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

Pull valve covers and check valve clearance. Check the push rods. Also check that both cylinders are firing