Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

On our Castel Garden tcp102 [ 13 /102] 1999 /n 119 893,

Customer Question

On our Castel Garden tcp102 [ 13 /102] 1999 /n 119 893, geared 5 speed , we need the following :
...1 to fit a new belt to drive the twin blades.
...2 to check the timing belt which co-joins the 2 blades
.. 3 to check out the operation/ functioning of the left hand lever for riasing and lowering the cutting it has become very very heavy and unwieldy.
The No 1 above involves pulleys and springs and we want to know the correct sequence of actions , , and any special tools needed.
Thanking you , H
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Here is workshop manual. Page 6.6 starts the mower deck belts.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Your service is good. No doubt our problems will be addressed / explained [ possibly solved ] when we get around to full Reading of yr answer. That will be Tues or Wed next.thank you , h

Thank you, ***** ***** to close the question and get me credit when you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Curtis ,
I read parts of the Manual you sent .New belt fitted accord to the manual. However, 1]mower scrapes the lawn on left h.s . when attempting to cut.- goughes a deep line. Cutting deck seems to be slightly lower on the lhs. 2] then after just a little use there is a screeching noise, the noise continues even with mower disengaged, then smoke [ blue] comes from underneath. So all has to be switched off.
Thanking you for your assistance , h
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Curtis ,
I did send you some questions in relation to my original questions. Awaiting your reply.,Thanking you , h

You have a bad bearing in your spindle,. The spindle is letting the blade run at an angle. The bearing has failed and is not keeping the blade shaft straight. Causing the scalping and the noise. Sorry, I have been out of town!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you , but we did check all the spindles and pulleys for damage and wear - and they were found tight, noise free when turned etc .Nothing loose there. Now, There must be some other cause [ s] ?thank you , h

Did you check and turn each blade, to see if one of the spindles was bent? Blades should all be level and measure same distance from top of blade to inner deck. With blade cutting the gouge in the lawn, spindle is bent or the blade is on upside down!