JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines

Have just bought a Troybilt TB30 riding mower with 10.5 BS

Customer Question

Have just bought a Troybilt TB30 riding mower with 10.5 BS engine. First time I tried to use mower, I went about 15 feet and see a waterhose in the grass, so I stopped put parking brake on pto in off and throttle in slow but did not turn key off. When I stood up the seat safety switch shut the engine off. Now when you try to start the engine, turn the key and nothing. Checked the fuse - ok. Battery charged. What now.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 3 months ago.

HI, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Make certain that the deck deflector is in place and depressing the safety switch on the discharge of the mower deck.

You are depressing the clutch, mower deck is disengaged and it does nothing. The fuse is okay. The only other thing I can think of is the deck discharge safety switch. You must have the mulch cover or side discharge deflector in place and it must be depressing the safety switch before the engine will crank over.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.