Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

JR, I had a good running &S 5HP 5 days,started every pull,

Customer Question

hello JR, I had a good running B&S 5HP for about 5 days,started every pull, idled fine , have not put it in the water yet,just getting the inflatable together..... Now after running on the transom 20 or 30 times , it won't start... It fires once every pull but will not run. I had it not start before if it was in gear, but now it's in neutral. And.... it seemed to be not quite in neutral when the selector was in neutral so I adjusted the allen-wrench bolt in the lower unit so the prop is completely disengaged when the lever is in Neutral. probably a neutral safety switch issue ? Thanks
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. Do you have a model number for the boat motor ? . To see if it's a neutral safety issue you can test for spark at the plug