JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

Lx 176 no spark shut it off tried to start back fired but

Customer Question

lx 176 no spark shut it off tried to start back fired but would never start then no spark kawasaki
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: replace plug that was soaked with gas
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

If machine backfired, I would check the flywheel key, push rods, and also the ignition coil(s).

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the engine tried to start several times but then would backfire. this continued until battery became weak. Charge battery then took plug out and replaced it before installing new plug check for fire none
Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

It honestly sounds like you are just having a timing issue. The valves are not opening or closing when they are supposed to and the firing of coil is not in time with engine. Not a reason to need a new engine. I would get a 2nd Opinion for sure.