JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

Lawn mower set up over winter will not start. brand new

Customer Question

lawn mower set up over winter will not start. brand new mower purchased last year. gas full/ oil good / changed spark plug
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: it is a briggs & straton 625 ex. to my knowledge there is no fuel cut off valve
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 10 months ago.

Sounds like you need the carb cleaned out . Fuel sitting in the carb is the worst for a small engine. I would try to first remove the bowl nut, and clean all holes in it first. blow air through them to make sure they are clear of debris. these are the main jets for the carb. Try this and then try to start. If that doesn't work, remove carb and clean entire carb out for fix