JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

My riding mower blades continue after the blade engagement

Customer Question

My riding mower blades continue after the blade engagement lever is pushed off, they won't disengage. This is a new mower- 3 months old at most. What is wrong?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

Check that the brake arms/pads are touching the blade pulleys once mower is turned off. You should have a pad attached to an arm, that presses against the pulleys on the deck once deck is disengaged to stop the pulleys from spinning

Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

Is your mower an electric clutch PTO, or a manual lever to engage? What is your model/product number?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it is a manual lever to engage.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it feels like the manual lever is not catching what ever is needed to disengage the blades. lever moves freely with no tension.
Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

Okay, what is the model or product number. Should be under the seat

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Product number is###-##-#### ***** model number is *****
Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

http://parts.husqvarna.com/#/ProductCatalog/ServicePartsPage/ServicePartsPage|9c1fc9cc-d67d-47f0-9a5c-e5d05c985881/Specification|ee86700c74364cbd91865b0c333d5e5b

Part number: 532 19 94-71 #60 in diagram is the brake arm. it should be touching pulley when blades off. it is what stops blades when they get disengaged

Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

Also check th arm there and make sure it is moving back and forth when the blade engagement is engaged

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Jon the link you sent me is for husqvrana and requires a user name and password. I cannot use this because I have a Poulan and do not have a user name and password ***** husqvrana.
Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

one moment , I will screen shot it

Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

try this one

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
what am I looking for in this diagram
Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

Part labeled 60. Part number is 532 19 94-71 ARM. It has brake pad installed on arm that stops the pulley from spinning