Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Anyone out there? I have a Husqvarna 725EX lawnmower that

Customer Question

anyone out there?
I have a Husqvarna 725EX lawnmower that starts up ok, but when it heats up, it shuts any insight on why?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: two weeks
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** engine is on your machine? The Kohler engines are known for fuel cap issues. How long before you can restart mower?
What is your PRODUCT number off sticker in the rear?
Without this info, I am guessing from symptoms you have described, that it is either a faulty ignition coil or a tank venting issue. Once it shuts down, open up fuel cap and try to restart. If it starts up, you have a fuel tank venting issue. If not, I would check for spark at the plug.