JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

I have a 26J mini rider. Model #13AC26JD011. iN THE PARTS

Customer Question

I have a 26J mini rider. Model #13AC26JD011. iN THE PARTS MANUAL FOR this 2012 rider there is a spring part #732-04967 that connects to the uper floating idler bracket. My question is: is this a horizontal or vertical spring and where does the other end connect.
My deck belt broke and I have bought two MTD belts(using TR30 parts diagram) and neither one is small enough to get enough tension on to turn the blade pulley.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 6 months ago.

Correct deck belt is: 954-04318. What belt(s) have you purchased?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have purchased 2 of the 954-04318
Expert:  JON replied 6 months ago.

Okay, so let me look at the diagrams and see what is missing to get the belt to fit properly.

Expert:  JON replied 6 months ago.

The spring that you are referring to goes towards the rear of the mower. trying to find where it hooks now

Expert:  JON replied 6 months ago.

the engagement cable goes to the idler puller arm. when you push to engage, it pulls idler pulley. Here is the manual for the mower.

http://file:///C:/Users/TOSHIBA/Downloads/769-07598a.pdf

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The problem seems to be the belt is too long. The Idler pully touches the belt drive pulley.
Expert:  JON replied 6 months ago.

Every parts list and diagram I am seeing shows that, that is the correct belt. Which leads me to believe that the idler pulley is not being pulled correctly. or something is not where it is supposed to be. Hard not being able to see yours, and also the diagrams are no good for this mower online

Expert:  JON replied 6 months ago.

Looks as though the spring 732-04967 connects to the upper floating idler bracket and then should go towards rear of mower and hook to either the belt cover, deck, or a bolt that is mounted to deck. Look around and see if you see an area that shows signs of wear of a spring moving .

Expert:  JON replied 6 months ago.

I have included a crayon diagram. I believe the spring I going to attach to one of the areas shown by red line, or somewhere in the area of the lines.