JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

I 't think it's the engine - maybe some safety switch is

Customer Question

I don't think it's the engine - maybe some safety switch is keeping the mower from turning over?
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: john deere D170 - about 4 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: was mowing fine then suddenly the mower "disengaged." thought I threw the belt (oddly this happened last week for the first time ever). parked and stopped the tractor, checked belt, it was fine, went to start it again and nothing - no crank no click. battery is good (lights work as well).
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

First , check the fuse(s). Then, Try jumping the solenoid. if mower starts, issue is bad solenoid. If not, put power directly to starter. If it starts, issue may be in ignition switch or a safety switch. Let me know what I can do further for you. Please let me know results