JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

My craftsman mower top two bragger screws have stripped out.

Customer Question

Hi, my craftsman mower top two bragger screws have stripped out. The screws no longer hold the bagged attachment on. This is a model 917.28926
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. What exactly is the question here? If you have stripped screws you can either tap new threads if they thread in and/or go with a slightly bigger bolt and screw in

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
John if the solution were to read thread, I would already have done that. The reason I provided you with the model number of this Is because of the specific hardware involved. First of all have you looked at the mounting plate on this tractor? Do you understand that there is a specialized screw involved? I'm not certain of the terminology for the anatomy of the screw but it has a collar that prevents the screw from going and completely. Allowing the bagger to hang on the exposed collar.I can't just retread without increasing the size of the screw. I can't use a bolt & nut due to design. The existing stripped threads are integral to the back of the tractor and are inaccessible without removing the gas tank. If you refer to a schematic, I think you will see the problem I am trying to resolve.
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

That is why I was stating what was the question exactly. The OP states the model number and what happened. I understand the statements, but was wanting to inquire about what your plan was to repair issue. I am attaching a pic of the bolt (part number 17000512) may be longer or shorter but is this the style? This bolt is made to go into a mounted threaded housing on mower. Can be purchased at any repair shop.