JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

Chargin system is charging gh at 19 volts could the

Customer Question

chargin system is charging high at 19 volts could the rectifier be the problem
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: recent
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes I am changing the pto clutch now as it is showing almost zero ohms and when I put new clutch and pto switch in I want to make sure I fix the charging system as it should go no higher then 14 volts
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: reason I am changing clutch is because I have burnt up pto switch and troubleshot down to clutch drawing too many amps
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

YOu are correct. If you are charging above 14.7V turn something on such as lights to put a load on the system. if it is still above 14.7V, rectifier is faulty. Let me know if I can be of more assistance. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the best and your rating helps me to achieve this . Thank you, ***** ***** hope you have a good day