Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have the Homelite UT10901A 33cc engine ans a 14"bar. I

Customer Question

I have the Homelite UT10901A 33cc engine ans a 14"bar. I cranked up the saw here about a week ago after sitting for a year and it cranked right up. After I used it sucessfuly and shut it down I found the primer bulb was allcracked. So I purchased a new one and installed it connecting the fuel up correctly as I can see fuel going into the carb when I push the bulb. I took the covers off and cleaned the saw up as best as I could. After I put everything back it won't start. I checke dthe spark plug and it shows spark at the tip when I hold it near the fin of the cylinder. I am getting fuel into the cyllinder and it still won't start. I changed the plug and I removed the carb and soaked it in carb cleaner for 30 minutes and put it all back to gether and it still won't start. I made sure the on of switch was on. I don't even get a cough or sputter when I pull the rope several several times. Any thoughts?
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: I did put a fresh mix'd fuel in the tank. I don't have a fuel shut off on this engine!
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Did the carb gaskets get exposed to air when primer bulb was installed?