JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

I have a bx2230. Recently I have been mowing and the engine

Customer Question

I have a bx2230. Recently I have been mowing and the engine starts to cut out or start chugging. I disengage the mower and the engine smoothes out and runs fine. I changed all the fuel filters and added injector cleaner. Still does the same thing about 20 miniutes of running
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes tank is full
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 11 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. This sounds like a carburetor issue, the carburetor may only be partially blocked and after running a while it is stugging with a load on it . Will it stay running fine after the blades are disengaged
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This is a diesel engine

Ok let me opt out to see if someone with more experience with diesel engines can help you

Expert:  JON replied 11 months ago.

Unhook the tank side of the fuel line at the filter underneath and blow air with a compressor back into the tank with the cap off for about 30-60 seconds .

Could be multiple things. Moisture in fuel. Wiring issue to pump, making pump not pump constantly. Also check your fuel cap. when it starts being sluggish, remove fuel cap to make sure venting is not the issue

Expert:  JON replied 11 months ago.

May need to bleed the fuel injector lines, could be getting air in lines. Just trying to throw some ideas out there for you. I would start with the fuel cap removal as it is the easiest and its free.