Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a simplicity riding mower with a briggs and stratton

Customer Question

I have a simplicity riding mower with a briggs and stratton engine and it is overcharging the battery. I replaced the regulator but that did not solve the problem.
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Not at home but it has a 44" mower deck and a 22 hp engine
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Have you had battery checked or replaced? The charging system does it's best to monitor the charge needed for battery. If battery is ok, check all the ground wires and cables. The overcharge can be from a bad ground, and the regulator sees it as a low battery and keeps working at maximum charge rate!

I see question is still open, did you see my response?