Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have a ferris is1500z, blades stopped mid mow, its almost

Customer Question

I have a ferris is1500z, blades stopped mid mow, its almost 10 years old, have ruled out battery as it has been tested at auto shop at 475 cca, switch has checked out as well as fuse, cleaned all contacts anyway, however pto has not been checked for adjusting but question is; if checking the adjustment finds everything in order is there any other thing I should check or just belly up and buy new pto?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just happened yesterday
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Actually my husband
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can't think of anything else
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 8 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. Have you checked to see if you are getting voltage to your pto clutch?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
husband is persnickety, ran down all electrics, contacts cleaned and reconnected.
Expert:  Donald replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for your reply. If you are getting 12 volts to your pto clutch, it should click each time you turn your pto switch on. If you are not hearing a click, then your pto clutch is at fault.