Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

2005 G22 Yamaha golf cart ran this morning now wont crank.

Customer Question

2005 G22 Yamaha golf cart ran this morning now wont crank. Changed oil and then problem started. very low sound on reverse warning. newer battery (last fall). re-charged and tried again. nothing.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes has new gas. wont crank over
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not really. it seems to be electrical. starter not getting power.. Lights work and batery charger shows battery is charged..
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Do you have a voltmeter to check the voltage at the starter solenoid? If you jump the two cable terminals on the stater solenoid, will engine spin? This is quick test of the battery cables and the starter/generator.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I think it may be the F/R micro switch... It was very loud when in reverse, and now its very faint. would a bad switch prevent the starter from cranking?

The micro switch has to close the solenoid, If solenoid does not close, starter does not turn engine. But I would do the solenoid test first, just to be sure that battery, cables and starter are good. Then check the micro switch for start.

I see question is still open, did you find problem?