Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Looking basic troubleshooting impact=34lp model 00803-4 it

Customer Question

looking for some basic troubleshooting for generac impact=34lp model 00803-4 it cranks but won't start
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes open, don't know about clean. tank filled about 6 months ago
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: right now yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not tht I know off, tried to start about a month ago and no start haven't had time to look at it. in a lance campwe year 2001
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

With any small engine, first pull spark plug , and ground the metal of the plug to the metal of the engine and watch the plug for spark when cranking. If it has spark, put finger with rag over the spark plug hole, and see if it has enough compression to move your finger. If it has spark and compression, put a teaspoon of fuel into the spark plug hole, re-install the spark lug and see if it will start for a few seconds. If it starts and dies, there is no fuel going through the carburetor to the cyinder.

I see question is still open, did you see my suggestions?