Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a troy bilt 3000 gas power washer. engine runs fine

Customer Question

i have a troy bilt 3000 gas power washer. engine runs fine until pressure builds up. then motor dies. as long as I have the trigger on the wand open spraying water it runs, but does not have very much pressure.
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: model 020416 troybilt around
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: 3 yrs old
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Engine is not receiving enough fuel to develope the horsepower needed for the pressure. Do you have good fuel flow from the tank to the carburetor? Have you removed the carburetor float bowl and checked for debris and water? What is the engine model number? Do you know if it has an all metal needle valve or a needle valve with a neoprene tip, in the carburetor?

I see question is still open, did you see my response?