JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

When putting on a new belt I caught the 2 wires going to the

Customer Question

When putting on a new belt I caught the 2 wires going to the PTO inside and when i turned the PTO on it stripped the wires and it shut down. I have repared the wires but it still won't turn over. I have found 3 fuses under the seat and they appear to be good. Is there another fuse I should check and where is it?
Thanks,
Jim***@******.***
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

Check to see if you can jump the solenoid and start mower.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How do I do that? Will a jumper cable work
Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

yes, that will be fine. just touch the two side together with key in the on position and brake engaged

Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

It is stating you would like a phone call, would you like me to start one, or is it just saying this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No phone yet. I touched both poles and the solenoid sounds like it is rotating inside but still no starter action.
What now
Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

Not a problem on phone call. I think we can resolve this here. If you touch both poles together and nothing happens, check starter. If you can install jumper cables to starter + to lead on starter and ground on mower engine (oil Spout) Hook to car or another power source. Should turn over. If not you have a starter issue. Check that starter is not jammed against the flywheel

Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

by doing the above, you are bypassing everything, and it should start unless starter is jammed up on flywheel, or it is bad.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The solenoid made quite a bit of noise. The started was not engaged when the stripped wires made contact and the engine stopped immediatly
Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

I would say the solenoid is bad, but it should be able to be jumped unless internals are fried completely.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I may wait till tomorrow when I have someone with me to attach another battery.
How can I get in touch with you?
Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.
After you raRATE me you should be able to open a new conversation by going to my profile and send me a PM
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't know if it is fixed yet thus no way to rate now. Can I contact you tomorrow? So no I am not satisfied yet.
Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

Not a problem at all. Let me know if I can assist you further

Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

I hope your problem has been resolved.

Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST and your ratings help me to achieve this goal!