JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

Cub cadet 1146kw, the pto works intermittenly. Is there a

Customer Question

cub cadet 1146kw
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: the pto works intermittenly. Is there a fuse or spring on the clutch this impaired?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

If your PTO works intermittingly, it is going out. A bad fuse, it would either work or not work. No springs to operate it, its all electrical. Sorry, for the bad news, but sounds like you are experiencing clutch failure and nothing will repair it. You can try to loosen it some (3 bolts around housing) and get a little more life out of it, but usually this will not last long if it works at all. Let me know if I can be of more assistance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I turn the engine off and I can manually move the clutch but there is no resistance. It seems that it should be activated to be in one position or another
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

if it is not engaged you can spin it freely. turn key to on position and engage pto. can you still spin clutch

Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

​even with mower off but the key on, the clutch will engage if it is working properly. you should hear the click of the clutch

Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

I hope you got issue resolved.​

Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST and your ratings help me to achieve this goal!