JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines

I just reintalled the left rear rim and tire on an L110 J

Customer Question

I just reintalled the left rear rim and tire on an L110 J Deere lawn tractor. The tire was rotted and it was replaced w rim off axle. Now that all tires are inflated to spec, the engine started, but the tractor will not move forward or backward. It was not a problem until now. I pulled out the free-wheeling rod out in back of tractor then pushed back in. Still won't move in either direction. Thoughts
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

When you removed the wheel from the axle did you make certain to not loose the square key that locks the wheel to the axle. My guess is that you don't have this key back into the wheel and axle which is allowing the axle to spin free inside the wheel. You can check this by starting the machine and watching the end of the axle inside the wheel that you had removed to see if it is just spinning inside the rim.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.