Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a cub cadet 1554 with a 27 horse kohler. I have

Customer Question

I have a cub cadet 1554 with a 27 horse kohler. I have changed the stator, and the box off the stator, and it still runs the battery dead. Does the spark module affect charging or do you have any other trouble shooting problems
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: End of last summer and this summer. I have finally gotten around to it.m other wise I charge the battery and it runs fine until it runs dead.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Do you have any suggestions as to what the problem might be?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

No, only the stator and the rectifier affect charging, But is the output of the rectifier going to the battery posiitve ? You can check the stator output, and the rectifier with a voltmeter. Unplugged from the rectifier, the stator has t put out a minimum of 28 volts AC. Then plugged into the rectifier, the output should be 1/2 of the stator or around 14 volts DC. This has to go to the battery.