Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 26hp engine on a husqarna zero turn. It runs fine

Customer Question

I have a 26hp engine on a husqarna zero turn. It runs fine for about an hour then it will start dying out. I can stop and turn the mower off let it run a minute and put it back in gear. I must do this over and over once it is hot.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: It does have fuel and I cant see any contaminant by looking through the fuel whole
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

What engine? Is the fuel tank venting, when it acts up, try loosing the fuel cap. Has fuel filter been replaced?

Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

Once the engine stops, open fuel tank and restart. As Curtis said check fuel filter. If non of these work, when the mower dies, check for spark at plugs right after it dies (before it cools off) coil(s) may be getting to hot and stopping

Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

What model Husqvarna is this ? Product number from label and I can search Husqvarna for all avail. info. I am a Certified Husqvarna Tech and Dealer, I can check any service bulletins on the product number and/or engine.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I always tighten down the fuel cap until I cant turn it anymore. I have bought a fuel filter and plugs. the engine is a Kohler 7000 747 cc Kt745

I would check the fuel cap. If tank does not vent, then engine will stall.

I see question is still open. Did you try loosing the fule cap?

It is loosing fuel, either from the cap not venting, or from the fuel solenoid in the carburetor, plugging the main jet.