Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Cub Cadet, 42" / 18 hp bought in summer of 2015.

Customer Question

I have a Cub Cadet , 42" / 18 hp bought in summer of 2015. XL1 Enduro series.
Never once failed in anyway ~ until I really needed it. It has clocked 35 run hours.
After being parked 10 days it will not even attempt to start. ~ Head lights are on, battery is hot, ~ not power to starter . No lights on display best I can tell. ( It's a sunny day)
The small buss fuses is closed ~ When is the best place to start without needless disassembly ?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. Have you tried locking the parking brake? Is it even clicking ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well John , I always lock the parking brake when I park it . ~ and engage the deck, ~ as a deterrent of any one with evil intention . ~ That is my normal parked position. ~ as for any clicking ~ I'm hard of hearing and while I have looked ~ I've yet to locate these lock out switch even tho I know they are there some where. ~ let me check, ~ look harder and I will get back with you. Thanks

There's a chance your deck switch isn't recognizing it's not engaged

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do well with print if you can. ~ an HVAC tech of 44 years , ~I am aware of all the different gates (switches) that can be introduced into the system. ~ That they must be satisfied or cheated . ~ I was sorta hoping someone could guide me to information on how these switches can be access or at least with where they are located . ~ ~ as it stands , ~ I am left to relocate the tractor to a place that affords me some creature comfort to where I can have my way with it in order to finds these electrical "gates" ~ To elevate it and access underneath , or ~ roll it onto it side , ~ or invert it .~ You tube was little help , ~ or to say "this failure" was not high lighted" while "Happy Cub Cadet" owners were many and enjoyed showing them off. ~ one man had his climbing a tree, ~ another plowing with a 10" turning plow. ~ I must say ~ I was impressed ~ but I just need to mow the lawn ~ sometime this weekend hopefully. ~ I suppose , ~ my time spend wisely ~ clearing a place and moving this project to where this old man can have his way with it . thanks guys ~ now if you could just help me push it around.

I think you may have a issue of the pto thinking it's engaged when it's not but the parking brake should over ride it