Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I am putting a twin cylinder kohler enging on a swisher

Customer Question

I am putting a twin cylinder kohler enging on a swisher trail mower and need to know how to wire it.
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it had a 12.5 hp briggs and I am replacing witn a 20 hp kohler
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The motor I got is off a 2007 Cub Cadet tractor it has a 6 position rectangular plug on it
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

What is the engine model number? CV, SV. etc? I see no one wants to tackle this!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am about 30 minutes from home I'll look when I get there

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
PH- SV710-0019

See section 8 in the manual link above. See if you can identify your ignition type, Koher uses three different types! Can be identified by the number of small wires on the ignition modules.

You will want to eliminate the fuel solenoid in the Kohler carburetor. That will get rid of one wire!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok I don't care how many wires it take just need to know what they do. Have to run I'll look at the manual later thamks

OK, thanks

I see question is still open, have you had time to check the wires?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is a red, orange, violet, white and green wire on this 6 position plug only 5 of the positions are used I need to know what wires need 12 volts what wires are ground and what wires are switched either to 12 volts or to ground. I think from what I can figure out so far is that the red is switched to 12 volts, the violet is charging I think it can be hot all the time, the whites are switched to ground the orange and the green I am not sure of.

Red, 12 volts at key on, to fuel solenoid in carb.-----Orange, not sure --------Violet or blue, 12 volts from key to start terminal on solenoid at start.--------White, voltage from stator,regulaotr , 12 volts at all times to charge battery.------------Green, oil pressure switch.