Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a cub cadet zero turn 60in with kawasaki fr730v.

Customer Question

I have a cub cadet zero turn 60in with kawasaki fr730v. ....fr730va39179. This year it started to stall when you turn the PTO on. Sometimes it's OK and it will run for awhile and now it stalls like there no gas getting to the engine. Do you have any recommendations?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 months ago.

Does engine stall, or is it like the key is turned off? If stalls, engine may have problem but if it cuts off like key , then a safety switch is not making.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Stalling but still running. ....not the key like is off

Ok, have you ran a cylinder balance test? Loosen the spark plug wires and with engine idling, remove one wire at a time, engine should continue to run. If engine dies when either wire is removed, the opposite cylinder is not firing. Check dead cylinder for spark, and compression. With Kawasaki, you may have a bad coil on one cylinder.

I see question is still open, did you run the cylinder test? Result?