JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

My one riding lawn mower want go forward or backward, MODEL

Customer Question

my weed one riding lawn mower want go forward or backward
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: MODEL #WE261. 3 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes thats the plan
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 6 months ago.

These mowers are notorious for this issue. Transmission is most likely gone bad. You can check chain to make sure it is installed still, but I would guess bad transmission. I have 4 of these in the scrap pile at shop for same issue

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i throught it was the driver disk it move forward for a second two weeks ago but thats it i check the chain is still install
Expert:  JON replied 6 months ago.

You can replace the drive disc and it may work, but be prepared for the worst. The drive disc is not too much to take the chance, much cheaper than a new mower for sure.

Expert:  JON replied 6 months ago.

I hope you got issue resolved.​

Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST and your ratings help me to achieve this goal!