JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

Model 44t877 v twin. Engine starts and idles fine. Engine

Customer Question

Model 44t877 v twin. Engine starts and idles fine. Engine works well in shop and appears to have power until mower is turned on in the yard. Engine looses power and we believe fuel is only in one piston. Fuel pump is working with sufficient pressure. All fuel hoses have been replaced. Where do I go next on this engine.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

run the mower and pull one spark plug wire at a time to make sure both sides are firing. If you are losing power only when deck engaged, you are losing power to one side or the other. If mower engine continue to run on each cylinder singlely. I would pull valve covers and check the valve clearance. make sure both push rods are in good condition and gapped correctly

Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

I hope you got issue resolved.​

Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST and your ratings help me to achieve this goal!