Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a Yamaha G2 Golf Cart. Was overfilled with oil so I

Customer Question

I have a Yamaha G2 Golf Cart. Was overfilled with oil so I drained it, put new in, as well as put in a new air filter. but now it is still smoking. What could it be?
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Yamaha G2, 1991
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yeah
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

I would have thought the G2 would have a two cycle engine that would have oil added to the gas, or oil injection.?? Yours has four cycle? Why was oil over full? Could there be gas in the oil from a leaking carburetor? Does the oil smell of gas? If it does, you have a bad carburetor, and the fuel is leaking into the oil, diluting it, and causing the smoke.

I see question still open, did you see my response?