Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have an older ez-go with an EH29C engine that revs well,

Customer Question

I have an older ez-go with an EH29C engine that revs well, valves set at .004" loosley, no abnormal lobe wear,starts easily BUT willnot maintain a steady RPM. If it were points equiped I'd say pitted or improper dwell.New fuel pump,carb R&R cleaned with no change.Thanks from an old British auto mec. Dave@*****@******.***
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Flushed and half filled with visible filter
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the action of the cart is similar to the old lucas solid state ignition that cut in and out, finally dying but often would restart after cooling. Eventually going kaput.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

If you take a test line from the fuel pump inlet, and drop it back in the tank, bypassing the tank and the outlet, does it run any better?

Did you see my response and try it?