Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

My LA105 mower was in flood, completely submerged, I have it

Customer Question

My LA105 mower was in flood, completely submerged, I have it running, what do I need to do to transmission & rear end, I have tried to read manual on line but it comes & go's & I can't find subjects.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

See link above. Transmission and rear end is supposed to be a sealed unit, filled with grease and then halves put together. It has no way to drain or fill. # ***** is a seal, if you have transmission out, you could remove it and see if there is any water present. If not, I would leave it alone. It is manual transmission and is not subject to the problems with water in a hydro stat.

I see qustion is still open. Did you see my response?