Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Kohler engine turning over when key in first poosition, no 2

Customer Question

kohler engine turning over when key in first poosition
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: no 2 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: my engine ch730-125 has 2 diodes replaced key switch replaced
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you havent checked for any shorted wiring I would see if any wiring is found shorted leading from the key switch itself.I have seen shorted/damaged wiring cause this type of fault here needing repaired or replaced.If this has already been checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete