Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and small engine diagnostics and repair - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

I have a deere L120 lawn tractor and the front wheels are

Customer Question

I have a john deere L120 lawn tractor and the front wheels are out of alignment. They point out at the front. How do I correct this.
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: The alignment is out. The front wheels are not parallel. They have gradually been getting worse, but increased today after getting stuck in a ditch.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If this got worse after going into a ditch or hitting a ditch today usually the tie rod ends can wear and cause this needing replaced or the tie rod linkage can bend or become damaged and cause this here.

The steering linkage needs inspected to help locate the faulty or damaged components and once this is done any components found to be at fault will need replaced.From there this would need aligned and is usually done on a machine at a medium duty or tractor repair facility.

I suspect tie rod ends or steering linkage is damaged causing this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** on this link for the diagram for the steering linkage for your lawn tractor. These are not aligned on an alignment machine. Likely number 29 and 30 are bent or the spindles themselves. Let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hi,Did you get this resolved?