Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Troy built tb20cs wont stay running. I just replaced fuel

Customer Question

troy built tb20cs wont stay running. I just replaced fuel lines. It ran good for a while. I realized after it quit I had the primer line and feed to primer line of carburetor reversed. I fixed. ran for short time then quite again
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Was running about year ago before fuel lines deteriorated and broke. I finally replace them about week ago. Ran with edger attachment for 20 minutes. Then it quit and could not get running again. Today I fixed corrected lines and managed to get it running for 30 seconds but cannot keep it running
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I adjust the mix on the carburetor. Need to know how to make proper adjustment
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Since you had the fuel lines switched it is very possible that you have sucked trash up into the carburetor screen which is causing your running issues now. There is a small screen that serves like a filter inside the carburetor itself, if this screen becomes blocked it will keep the machine from running properly. With the fuel lines switched on the carburetor you have been pulling unfiltered fuel into the carburetor which could stop up the screen.