JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

Morning, I have a Deere Lawn Tractor LA105 and it will not

Customer Question

I have a John Deere Lawn Tractor LA105 and it will not start. I have replaced the battery (which was dead); replace solenoid; and the starter. When I press the brake and turn the key; all I hear is a buzz; but the engine doesn't turn over; norm does the flywheel appear to turn.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Good Morning, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you in this issue. Can you bridge the solenoid an it start? Sounds like you may have a safety switch issue have you checked the seat safety switch and also make sure the PTO is disengaged

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I had my wife sit on the seat and turn the key while I watched and listened. turn key - nothing
We also "bridged" the solenoid with the key start engaged;- nothing
I replaced the solenoid; sitting seat; turn key starting engaged; - buzz - no engine turning (flywheel)
I replaced the solenoid; sitting seat; turn key start engaged; bridged - buzz - no engine turning (flywheel)
All off, I can manually turn the flywheel
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Also this month; I have tried to fix with replacing:
- Battery, Solenoid, & Starter, Spark Plug
- Oil & Oil Filter Changes also.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What is the "PTO"?
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

How you engage the blades. There is a safety switch there that will not allow mower to start if it is bad. Try putting power directly to the starter. hook + cable to starter lead, and then ground on engine. Mower should start up. If not, its a starter issue

Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

I hope you got issue resolved.​

Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST and your ratings help me to achieve this goal!