Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Place new battery in simplicity citation zero mower. ran

Customer Question

place new battery in simplicity citation zero mower. ran for two days only to find out the regulatore was not recharging the battery. what do I need to do to trouble shoot the problem?
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: simplicity citation zero-turn 21-23 hp briggs, approximately 8-9 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the regulator is located down low on the engine, with little air to cool the regulator. Can this be it (regulator) is getting too hot and destroying itself?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. Do you happen to have the model, type and code on your briggs engine ? , with most briggs motors the charging system is under the flywheel , so you will have to pull the flywheel to change it , being a bigger motor you will need a big 3 legged puller and impact gun most likely

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is there a gauge or meter I can use to verify volage from regulator to battery? Can I put an ampmeter in the electrical system to see if any charge exist?

You can use a multimeter to check the battery voltage when it's not running and running

Hi just seeing if you were ever able to check voltage with the battery ?

Hi just seeing if you fixed the charging system in your zero turn