Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I have a lp 55kw generator on my rv. It started having a

Customer Question

I have a lp 55kw generator on my rv. It started having a problem with maintaining 120v on the 20 amp breaker. I switched it off and the 30 amp worked great. Now I have not voltage on either breaker and they appear to be reset.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes, the generator will start and run.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: the remote start is a solid red light when running and the red light on the generator is blinking.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Probably not, its only 6 months old.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

From what you have described here you may have issues with a voltage regulator or brushes for the generator.I have seen these fail before needing replaced for issues like this here.This will have to be tested further to be sure this is the cause here and from there replaced to correct this fault.This is usually best done by a dealer repair center or a repair facility that works on this model here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete