Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a toro zero turn model 74701 17hp replacing the

Customer Question

I have a toro zero turn model 74701 17hp replacing the engine with a command 20hp having trouble finding wiring diagram on the net (way too many). Command has 4 wires from the engine (red, violet, green ,white) which wires connect to the 3 from the mower (blue, red, white)? Thanks
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

See 7.7 in the manual link above.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Morning Curtis, I was hoping your answer would be something like "connect red to red, violet to blue, green to a hot?, white to white. I'm looking for the 74701 wiring diagram also to make that determination, can you help? I'm not very confident reading diagrams and don't want to induce any problems. Thanks much.

I wish it was that easy, but I have no schematic for the tractor. But if you have the old engine, look at the three wires that are there, and identify where each wire goes to. Then do the same with the new Kohler. That will leave only wire wire , and identify where it goe to, an let's see what can be done with it!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

I see question is still open, did you find the right wires

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not yet, working on it tonight, I'll get back to tomorrow.

OK>