JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

I have a BT 150 leaf blower. Recently it has started a

Customer Question

I have a BT 150 leaf blower. Recently it has started a clanging noise when it runs and bogs down when you go to full blowing power. Can you tell me what it causing this.
Thanks
Jim Baron
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 11 months ago.

HI, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you in this matter. The bogging down is most likely caused by the carb needing to be cleaned and rebuilt, as this is the #1 cause for BOG downs. The clanging noise could be a loose bolt on the fan or housing. I have had these vibrate loose before and cause a clanging. Does the sound get louder when the trigger is pulled ? I normally disassemble machine, and tighten all bolts. I use lock tite on the housing bolts as I reassemble so they do not vibrate out again. This is just one possibility. Without hearing it personally, clanging is hard to diagnose over computer, but I can try my best. Where does it sound like the clanging is coming from?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is there anything I can add to the fuel to clean the carb? I will check on the loose bolts
Expert:  JON replied 11 months ago.

Not at this point no. The gaskets are made of plastic and cardboard. they wear out with the fuel. You can use 100% gas instead of ethanol fuel in the future to help the issue though

Expert:  JON replied 11 months ago.

I hope you got issue resolved.​

Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST and your ratings help me to achieve this goal!