Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Onan generator will run a while when it's cold but it won't

Customer Question

Onan generator will run a while when it's cold but it won't run very long when it's warmed up.
JA: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's not the original generator so I don't know the age. It's a onan marquis 5000
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes Any ideas
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Problem has been resolved. It took to long to get an answer.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you need anything else here let me know as I will be happy to assist on this.

Thanks Pete