Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Same as what I'm reading here. Machine starts, not easy to

Customer Question

same as what I'm reading here. Machine starts
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: not easy to start but won't stay running
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes I have gas
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I paid via Paypal - Who is helping me?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

make and model? what is this ? What does it do, runs and dies? How long before it will restart? Engine model?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ECHO - SRM 225 Line Trimmer - I intend to do repair myself because paying for repair is nearly cost of new machine.Worked great for last 3 yrs. ran out gas last fall because I moved. Won't start without "priming" carb directly. Won't stay running.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

It starts and dies ? No bubbles in primer? I would recommend cleaning or replacing the carburetor.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK - I need instructions on how to do that. Also read that maybe fuel filter needs replaced.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Just want to be clear, I can't get it to start unless I removed the air filter and dump gas directly into the Carb. Then runs poorly won't idle, and won't run at all unless full choke.

Gas in not going through the carburetor body. With the prices , I would go with a new carburetor.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK can you point me where to get one?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Will buy one & let you know what happens.

OK> Thanks,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Just ordered carb will let you know what happens. Any special tools required for this R&R? Thanks!

no, just regular hand tools.