Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 2012 sx3100 tractor. I was using it, shut it off,

Customer Question

I have a 2012 sx3100 tractor. I was using it, shut it off, now it doesn't start. It has 385 hours on it. Battery is good. Glow plugs work. Will not even turn over. I have a 65 hoe attatchment on it. One of the swing cylinders has a slow leak. I putmore hydraulic in it. Does this tractor have a low level hydraulic shut offswitch? Or in this case, will not let it start?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.

No, only the seat switch, and neutral switch and pto witch will keep starter function from working. Hold key in start position and work the transmission shifter for neutral, , check the pto switch and jump up and down on the seat.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it was a switch connection near thebottom of the tractor that had 2 contacts, with a protective sheath. This had been partially moved away. I have been using the tractor to clear brush. AfterI secured the contacts, put the sheath back on, it works fine.

Good job! Thanks for the reply. would be the clutch switch, please rate to close.

Please rate to get me credit!